Friday, November 7, 2008

Another week

Another week. Another meeting. Another list of projects to do before the next meeting. We had a great meeting on Monday. Our first "home study" meeting. We are supposed to have 3 face-to-face meetings/"Interviews" -- but we somehow combined the first two meetings into the meeting on Monday. So only one more meeting (November 17th) at our house -- then we're done. We've been told that we should be ready and have everything complete by early-to-mid December.

Abby's rocked this whole project. We've heard stories of initial paperwork, referral letters, Doctor's appointments, etc taking 2-3 months. Abby got everything wrapped up in 2-3 weeks. I'm so lucky to have her as my wife. I'd still be on step 1 if she hadn't taken control.

Weirdest thing for this week: In order for us to adopt we have to be sure we have a rope ladder for our second-story window. Just a small thing to make sure the house is competely safe and secure. It's just another small hoop we have to jump through -- but they keep telling us to jump and we jump. It's getting exciting.

1 comment:

alisonb78 said...

Hi Abby and Roger, this is Alison...I met you at IVIG a while ago..I was pregnant with my sister's twins.. I am soo sorry about all you have been through so far, but really happy to hear you haven't given up hope and are working on adoption. Our family is so blessed with the little girl my sister adopted and we are so grateful we had the opportunity. Keep up your great attitudes, and if you need anything, please feel free to call or write. If you don't still have my email or cell, let me know. My sister and I are still keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers..Hang in there.

Ari