- Our successful garage sale -- $340.00 made that will go toward buying formula for the babies in Ethiopia
- Meeting neighbors we didn't even know we had two doors down who are our exact same age! And who have a 1-year-old little boy!
- Planting two new trees in our backyard, feeling proud after a job well done of planting them, and stepping back to envision them growing tall and beautiful with kids playing in the summertime beneath them.
- Enjoying our pretty pink dogwood tree Roger and I planted last year that has bloomed so beautifully for the first time this spring
- Spending quality time with family, whether for someone's birthday or watching our nephews' baseball games during the weeknights
- Making accent pillows for the nursery with my mother-in-law with leftover material from our nursery curtain. They add the perfect finishing touch and will most likely be very functional in addition to being cute to look at!
- Staying really busy with work! Probably the most efficient way to make time fly by while feeling so thankful in these economic times to even have a job to stay busy at!
- Getting back to running; an opportunity to burn off built up stress and anxiety, quiet my mind, wholly appreciate this God-given body to even be able to run, all while enjoying the beautiful spring weather in the Ozarks (and maybe lose a pound or 2??)
- Feeling blessed beyond words to be hosting our first Springfield Ethiopian Adoption Family Get-Together! So far our estimated number of attendance is up to 44! We are thrilled with the wonderful response and cannot wait to see everyone on May 7th!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I feel I must apologize for my lack of blogging lately. I'm thankful Roger is and has been such a huge contributor to this blog and has posted some really great entries when I just couldn't find anything fun or exciting to talk about. I did make a trip up to Iowa last weekend with my mom to see family, and it was so fun and comforting to spend time with relatives whom I love and enjoy but hardly ever get to see. Everyone is so excited for our adoption to happen and see us become parents....finally. Their support and anticipation for us is so awesome.
So, I thought I should at least mention we hit four months of waiting this Thursday! My guess is we are either about halfway to our referral or maybe even a little over halfway, dare I even say that. I don't know, but for some reason four months sounds like we're actually getting somewhere! We still have a while -- maybe even a long while -- but I just continue to tell myself each day, "We're closer than we were yesterday."
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- Pussycat Dolls are great live.
- Britney is a great dancer/performer. (The fat guy playing the CD that she lip-syched to the entire concert did an amazing job as well.)
- Highlight of Birthday Friday -- Fajitas, margaritas and sunshine on the patio with my lovely wife.
- Great dinner and fun times with friends in KC.
- Watching Final 4 and that "game" they called the National Championship. Go HEELS!
- Homecooked birthday dinners from the best mother-in-law in the world. And lemon cupcakes to boot. (And the birthday present of the year...more below)
- Mom and Pops making amazing ribs for my birthday dinner. And 4-layer dessert! (And more of the birthday gift of the year.)
- Monday & Tuesday were pretty normal.
Which brings us to today and the birthday gift. My mother-in-law got me a Hula-Hoop for my birthday. And it's amazing. The source of many, many laughs. Sunday night we got it out and my nephew Ty did a show for us. (We taped it, but we are waiting for his agent and lawyers to give us the OK to post it. Stay tuned.) So tonight when I got home Abby said she had been practicing with the Hoop. After dinner we got out the stopwatch and set the house record. Abby went first and set the bar at 52 seconds. My best attempt is 32 seconds. Stay tuned. And just to let everyone know, anyone coming into our house will have to attempt the Hoop. No exceptions.
We are still waiting for Baby Wasson. Still no update. Sorry.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Baby! Love you!