Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garage Sale Mania!

Yes, it is definitely springtime! My most favoritest season! Hallelujah and Amen! Along with enjoying the warm(er) weather, Roger and I have spent the last couple nights preparing for our garage sale this weekend. It feels so good to clean out the closets and nooks and crannies and get rid of our junk -- I mean valuable treasures that we seem to have no use for anymore but I'm sure someone else would LOVE to have. I've attacked this project with a vengeance....while Roger was an incredible helper who needed just a few encouraging words to hang in there with me and get a sticker put on everything. Did I mention I have the best husband in the world?? Yes, indeed. He actually spent three hours with me last night while I talked out loud (over and over) whether something should be 50 cents or 75 cents -- and actually humored me by responding with things like "yeah, 75 cents sounds good" just so I could turn around and go "no, probably 50." Seriously, it's enough to drive anyone crazy! That seems to be a recurring theme in our conversations, actually, where I'll ask his opinion about something and then decide on the exact opposite of whatever he suggested. He finds this infuriating, but I told him he shouldn't because even if I don't agree with his suggestion, it still helps me make up my mind more quickly. Anyhoo, I've come to the conclusion my ambitious drive I'm experiencing in preparing for this garage sale may also be chalked up to something else: nesting. I have an overwhelming desire to get rid of lots o'stuff and reorganize whatever is left. This is a good, normal thing to experience when expecting a baby soon; right? If nothing else, my house will be much less cluttered after this weekend. There was also a fun silver lining to our garage sale preparations. While we were digging through our closets sorting through clothes, we had a great time reminiscing over the past five years we've known each other. We came across clothing that we remembered we were wearing the night we met, our first date, our engagement pictures which led to a few "remember when" conversations. So either we both have a really great memory or we're a little neurotic. I'm not sure. Or maybe because it was such a wonderful time that there are some details we'll never forget. Yeah, let's go with that.

I feel I must apologize for my lack of blogging lately. I'm thankful Roger is and has been such a huge contributor to this blog and has posted some really great entries when I just couldn't find anything fun or exciting to talk about. I did make a trip up to Iowa last weekend with my mom to see family, and it was so fun and comforting to spend time with relatives whom I love and enjoy but hardly ever get to see. Everyone is so excited for our adoption to happen and see us become parents....finally. Their support and anticipation for us is so awesome.

So, I thought I should at least mention we hit four months of waiting this Thursday! My guess is we are either about halfway to our referral or maybe even a little over halfway, dare I even say that. I don't know, but for some reason four months sounds like we're actually getting somewhere! We still have a while -- maybe even a long while -- but I just continue to tell myself each day, "We're closer than we were yesterday."

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think it's that you had a really great time AND maybe you're a little neurotic. Or is that just me? Glad your garage sale prep went so well. I think you're doing some serious nesting. :)

I hope that you're more than halfway to your referral!

Ari