Wednesday, April 8, 2009

52 seconds

A lot to catch everyone up on. Here's the list:
  1. Pussycat Dolls are great live.
  2. Britney is a great dancer/performer. (The fat guy playing the CD that she lip-syched to the entire concert did an amazing job as well.)
  3. Highlight of Birthday Friday -- Fajitas, margaritas and sunshine on the patio with my lovely wife.
  4. Great dinner and fun times with friends in KC.
  5. Watching Final 4 and that "game" they called the National Championship. Go HEELS!
  6. Homecooked birthday dinners from the best mother-in-law in the world. And lemon cupcakes to boot. (And the birthday present of the year...more below)
  7. Mom and Pops making amazing ribs for my birthday dinner. And 4-layer dessert! (And more of the birthday gift of the year.)
  8. Monday & Tuesday were pretty normal.

Which brings us to today and the birthday gift. My mother-in-law got me a Hula-Hoop for my birthday. And it's amazing. The source of many, many laughs. Sunday night we got it out and my nephew Ty did a show for us. (We taped it, but we are waiting for his agent and lawyers to give us the OK to post it. Stay tuned.) So tonight when I got home Abby said she had been practicing with the Hoop. After dinner we got out the stopwatch and set the house record. Abby went first and set the bar at 52 seconds. My best attempt is 32 seconds. Stay tuned. And just to let everyone know, anyone coming into our house will have to attempt the Hoop. No exceptions.

We are still waiting for Baby Wasson. Still no update. Sorry.

4 comments:

wilms said...

Permission granted, might as well be his agent while I can before he gets old enough to fire me :)

Jenny H said...

Your stories are crazy wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good birthday...see getting old isn't all that bad!

Anonymous said...

We want to see pics of you and Abby using the hula hoop =)

Your friends in Omaha

wilms said...

Ty's excited he beat Abby...he's up to 1 minute and 4 seconds

Ari