Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Giving

As Christmas quickly approaches, I find myself reflecting on how much I have to be thankful for, more this year than probably any other year. Even though we are all aware of the economic situation in our country today, we are still so incredibly blessed with basic necessities that are sometimes easily taken for granted: a roof over our heads and electricity to keep us warm, more than enough food and clean water to keep us fed, advanced medical care to keep us healthy, jobs to keep us prosperous, and loving friends and family that surround us. I found an unread email in my "extra" email account from World Vision and it kind of hit close to home. I invite you to take the time to read it and learn about it and consider making a donation. Along with providing food and nutrition to feed a family, the gift of an animal(s) gives children the opportunity to make money to pay for their schooling and basic necessities along with providing hope for a better future. I really believe this is a gift that keeps giving. You can learn more about this humanitarian aid program by clicking on the title of this blog entry, "Christmas Giving." Roger and I wish everyone a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Ari