Wednesday, June 9, 2010

11 Months


Today Ari is 11 months!!  He has been with us almost as long as he was without us.  And I am really looking forward to that day.  It just feels monumental.  At 11 months Ari is walking all over, although he has been doing this since about a week after he turned 10 months.  But this past weekend he figured out how to stand up without pulling up on anything, so he's really a master walker now!  He also started saying Ma-Ma this past month.  He usually only says it when it involves me giving him food, which I guess I can't blame him for making that connection!  No other definable words yet, although I thought I heard "kitty" yesterday, so maybe that will be his first "real" word.  It definitely wouldn't surprise me since the kitty is one of his favorites.  Our neighborhood pool opened Memorial weekend, and we now have another favorite activity -- swimming.  He loves the water and his floaty and does a good job of making all the other moms jealous by being completely content and happy doing laps in his floaty.  Apparently not every baby loves the water like this??  He continues to be an incredible joy and we continue to feel mind-blowingly lucky to be his parents.  Now, if only he would sleep later than 5:45 a.m.   Then we'd really have it made.  Hmmmmm..............  

2 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Did you block the morning sun from his windows??? Worked like a charm for Lyra.

Abby/Roger said...

There is no sun to even block out at 5:45 a.m. I think he's just an early riser. I am welcome to any other suggestions, though.

Ari