Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Year Ago Yesterday......

It's hard to believe it's been a year since we laid eyes on our little boy's picture for the first time -- August 20th.  That was such an awesome day!!  I still remember exactly where I was driving in the car when our agency called my cell phone, how I told Roger we had a referral while standing in the parking lot of the Cooper ballfields before watching our nephew's baseball game and he didn't believe me, how we came home and looked at his picture together with nervous excitement.  Oh, what a wonderful, unbelievable feeling that was.  And here we are one year later.  These pictures are just priceless.  And he's sick too.  But still happy.  Later yesterday evening we took our first trip to urgent care where we ended up getting a chest x-ray and a breathing treatment.  Apparently he has perihilar pneumonitis, plus an ear infection which I'm pretty sure he lives with on a daily basis, and is now taking three different medicines.  Yuck. 

















2 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

Happy Referraliversary!

Hope he feels better soon!

elisa said...

Such a sweet boy and such a special day!

Ari