Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Injection -- Easy Peasy!

So it's not nearly as bad as I thought it might be, although I did have to lay on the bathroom floor for just a quick minute after I was done due to a little light-headedness. I think it was just the mental stress and the anxiety build-up, though. I even managed to administer the injection by myself while Roger was at the gym. As I was laying in bed this morning half asleep, I kept having dreams of giving myself the first shot, so I figured it might be best to just get up and get it over with for real. So, anyway, I think the scariest injection is over with now and it will just get easier from here on out.

I also started the Dexamethasone, which is a low-dose steroid, this morning too. It's just a tiny little white pill that I will take daily for the next month or so. Actually, I'm not sure yet how long I take it. This is supposed to decrease inflammation and reduce the inflammatory response of my body to the embryos once they are placed in my uterus later this month. Apparently there can be side effects to Dexamethasone that include insomnia and increase in appetite. I'm hoping to ignore my hunger pains and avoid gaining 30 pounds this month!

1 comment:

Maw-maw & Pa said...

I am so proud of you. I've been thinking about you all day and praying for you. You are such a blessing to me. I love you more than you realize.

Love,
Maw-maw (a.k.a. Louanna)

Ari