Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Referral Day Video

Finally -- I know! It took us a little while to figure out how to upload our video. Apparently high def makes it a little more complicated. Sorry! We're rookies. I have a feeling we'll be video uploader experts within the next year once we have more material to play with!

Okay, I feel the need to give a little introduction to our video. First of all, sorry for all the gum smacking on my part. I HOPE I don't normally chew gum like this. I'm blaming it on the nerves.

Second of all, our first reaction at seeing our baby's picture was shock at how big and healthy he looks! We had mentally prepared ourselves to see a tiny, little malnourished baby since that is oftentimes the case of young infant referrals. That was not the case at all and while we are so, so thankful for that, it took us a little by surprise!

And the second round of excitement towards the end of the video is us discovering (after we scrolled further down in the email) that we had not one referral picture, but two! Another wonderful surprise! And he had a completely different expression on his face in the second photo -- hence our confusion. It was an amazing, surreal, crazy moment. As you will see, even as we were gazing at his pictures, we still couldn't really believe it was happening.



6 comments:

Lyra Johnson said...

You guys are so cute! I couldn't stop smiling the whole way through that video.
Congratulations again!

farmgirlamber said...

What a great moment to have captured! It's funny how you both reacted totally different to the email - Abby had a case of the giggles, while Roger was wiping sweat (I'm assuming) off his forehead the whole time! Congrats you guys - this is the big day you've been waiting for! Amber

Tyler said...

Yes you do always smack your gum. Like a cow chewing it's cud.

adrienne said...

I love that you guys recorded this! Congrats to you both... Rog, your BRMC friends are thrilled!! :)

elisa said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see those pics! All our babies are less than two months apart! Perfect! See we all do HAVE to travel together! YAY WASSONS!

Jamie Jo said...

I love it! I hate it that we can't see him yet!!! I am so happy for you all! So much fun!

Ari