Monday, September 14, 2009

An introduction

Ever since my junior year in college, I have spent my Monday nights in Rogersville, MO, watching WWE (wrastlin') with my Gramps. It started out as a way for me to spend some time with him and get to watch WWE. Well, 14 years later I am still spending my Monday nights with Gramps. He makes me microwave popcorn and hands me a can of Diet Pepsi. Same thing for 14+ years. And, honestly, I wouldn't change a thing.

With all of our IVF and other science fiction, I never shared any of our trials and tribulations with Gramps. For goodness sakes, he's 92 years old and listens to the TV at volume level 51. It takes a lot to carry on a long conversation. This week was my first week to see Gramps since we had our referral and I had pictures to show him. I did as best as I could to try and explain everything to him, and I think he got it. He just kept saying how great it was and how excited he was for me and Abby. For once I was thinking and got out my iPhone to take a picture.

Below is Gramps getting a glimpse of his 13th (I think) great-grandchild for the first time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will treasure that photo forever. It is amazing how too often we forget to take those once in a lifetime shots...but you got it!

Jenny H said...

Cool, very cool!

Anonymous said...

Our grandparents know so much more than we do . . .

Sara

Missy and Brad said...

What a great story! That's awesome!
Missy

Unknown said...

what a beautiful story -- thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Holy smokes! A new look! According to your timeline, it's been one month since your referral, which seems like it was yesterday to me. Just as in pregnancies, time moves much faster for those of us watching than for the parents-to-be!

Hilary said...

This is one of the sweetest blog posts and pictures I have seen. What a memorable moment with your grandpa! Thanks for sharing. Hilary

Ari