Monday, November 23, 2009

An Unfamiliar Feeling

So, this is a strange new feeling. We are SO THRILLED to being so close to the day we meet Ari, yet it's very surreal. Like it's hard to believe it's really happening. I made a registry, for crying out loud. There was a time I never thought I'd get a chance to do that!! We lived with NOTHING happening for so long, it's hard to wrap our brains around all of this reality. I keep waiting for someone to tell me it's not going to happen or there's been a mistake or there's a new huge delay (that's really depressing, isn't it?). In the meantime I am super-busy with work, preparing to take an extended time off to be at home with Ari (SO EXCITED!). When I'm not at my computer or at a deposition I spend a lot of time silent, deep in thought, not able to turn off all the checklists I'm making in my head. Roger also is a little more pensive and quiet these days. Luckily we started preparing for a baby a year ago, so we do definitely have a jump on things!

We are still waiting to hear of our embassy appointment. We're being told it will likely be the first or second week in January. Hopefully we will have confirmation soon. I'm sad he won't be home for Christmas, but it is still just around the corner and we are not complaining one bit! I am planning to be completely done with work by the end of next week and then it is full steam ahead with travel and more baby preparations!! We can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Hope the time flies by for you. Give my little guy some lovin' for me when you get there.

Missy and Brad said...

How exciting! Savor this precious time of anticipation!! If it makes you feel any better, we didn't even have a car seat for Zeke until the night before we flew out for Vietnam! We had done a lot of preparation 6 months earlier then just stopped because the adoption was taking so long. Then we had this huge list of stuff we had to buy in 5 days once we got our approval: diapers, bottles, formula, blankets, PJs, shoes, socks, etc. You'll get it all done! :-)
*hugs*
Missy

Ari