Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Days.....

are precious.  short-lived.  a gift.  priceless.  so much fun.  You get the picture.  They are also incredibly fleeting (especially for those of us who meet our children at a ripe old age of 6 months or older!) and it causes me a little panic attack and makes me catch my breath here and there when I realize how fast time is going.  We are now (already) to the point where Roger and I look at our pictures while in Ethiopia and think (already) "Ari looks so little."  How can that be??  It was only three months ago.  But he has grown so much.  Two inches and 4 pounds to be exact since the beginning of February.  And he's acting like such a big boy these days with crawling all over and pulling up and learning the meaning of "no" and imitating us and taking little steps and eating big people food and all these amazing new firsts.  I was looking at our pictures at the top of the blog and thinking how we need to update them with some super cute more recent pics, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it yet.  I wish there was a way to "save" that beautiful, innocent babyhood and be able to revisit it here and there for the next......well, forever.  I really get it now when a mom says once my baby, always my baby.

4 comments:

The Michel family said...

The baby stages are fun and I miss them at times, but it keeps getting better and better!

Laura said...

Isn't that the truth?!?! I look back at the photos of Molley from almost exactly one year ago and canNOT believe THAT was my baby girl. Wow. It didn't last. Enjoy the moments b/c they truly do pass so quickly. The good news is they grow into incredible little people who continue to blow your mind and fill your heart.

Lyra Johnson said...

It was also around three months home for us when we thought the same exact thing about Lyra's pictures. But, now she is transforming into this cute little toddler (almost walking!) and I'm so excited for her to start talking and discovering new things. I think it is much harder for us having missed the first half of their babyhood, though.

wilms said...

You will always think back fondly on these sweet little baby days, but I always caught myself saying, on a monthly basis it seemed, that THIS is my favorite stage... When they start responding to your voice, when they start trying to walk, when you can literally see their personality forming, when they walk next to you with their tiny hand in yours, when they start forming words, when they're finally potty trained, when they have their own friends, when they have a game with their team,.... Every bit of it is amazing - treasure every day of it!!

Ari