Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It must be summer...

Let me start this short post by saying I have the greatest wife ever. Ever. It seems like each spring when the weather starts to get (and stay) warm, I always want to do two things. One Abby is always on board with. The other not so much. Long story short, for my 30th birthday we decided to get a Jeep. Abby did all the research, negotiated the price, and made the final deal for us. (She still won't drive it because it's a stick shift. She can drive a stick shift; she just won't do it. Or so she says.) So, back to #1 on the list of things to do when summer comes around.

For the first time since March 7, Springfield is experiencing seven straight days without rain. All the warm weather + no rain + Roger not wanting to watch the season finale of Dancing With The Starts means a night in the garage taking the top off the Jeep for the summer. Not just taking the top down, taking the top completely off. No top on the Jeep until winter. This is the one thing Abby is always on board with. In fact, no more than four minutes after the top was down we had Jack & Jill in the back and we were off for the first top-down ride of the summer. Excellent. And even better, QT has $0.49 fountain drinks. Perfect destination for a quick Jeep ride. OK, enough delay....on to the second thing I always want to do and Abby sometimes puts up with.

I buzzed/shaved my head tonight. Every spring I want to shave my head and Abby usually talks me out of it. Until I bug the crap out of her by talking about it so much she just throws her hands in the air and says, "Whatever." So, the top is down and the head is shaved. Summer has arrived!

5 comments:

Chatter said...

I miss QT.

Roger Wasson said...

What? No picture of the shaved head for Mom?
dad

Laura said...

Dude, you do have the nicest wife ever! I'm not going to let Ed read this...he might get an idea or two. I *really* don't want a boat! :) Abbie, you're awesome, but you're going to start making the rest of the wives look bad!!!! He he he.

Love QT.

Laura said...

BTW, sorry for spelling your name wrong, Abby. I realized it as soon as I hit "publish" yesterday. Then remembered today that I didn't send you another comment fixing it. (Spelling names wrong is my pet peeve.) Yeah, this is how my mind works now. Get read for Mommy Brain - nobody is immune!

adrienne said...

Does your shaved head get sunburned driving around in a topless jeep all summer? Mine would - even with hair!

And I think you should probably post a pic - maybe one of you in the jeep with your nice wife... and your head!
;)

Ari