Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Secret

OK, go ahead and laugh. Lord knows my wife does each and every time I talk about "The Secret." For those of you that are unfamiliar, "The Secret" is a book written on the principle that basically the universe is all about attraction. If you think good things, then good things will come to you. If you think negative thoughts, then you will bring negative things into your life. First of all, I only believe in God and that everything in our lives is due to His plan. However, I don't think it's a bad thing to go through life with a positive attitude.


So, I'm lazy and don't like to read so I downloaded "The Secret" onto my laptop. Every month or so I will play the movie to get my thoughts back on track. Then for a week after I watch the movie I have this very positive outlook and I'm always trying to get those around me to be positive as well. This is where my "realist" of a wife usually gets "real" with me and laughs. But it's pretty amazing the great parking spots you can get if you visualize getting a good parking spot in your head. For an entire day I was thinking about a can of Red Bull and then when we went to dinner that night, the valet left a can of Red Bull on the curb. Of course I didn't take the can, but now I know I have to actually visualize drinking the can of Red Bull instead of just visualizing the can. (Right now I'm visualizing my dog Jill being quiet and going to sleep in her bed -- stay tuned to see if that happens.)


Anyway, enough about "The Secret" -- Just some interesting reading if you're looking for something to read this summer. Big news in my/our world....the BlackBerry has died. That's right, the CrackBerry that Abby hates more than anything else in the entire world passed away last weekend. Monday I made the leap to the iPhone. Still don't know about it. I miss the BB, but I'm sure in a month or so I will be in love with the iPhone and no longer care about my beloved BB.

(For those of you keeping score at home, Jill just jumped off our bed and tried to go into her kennel to sleep, but Tee-Tee, the killing-machine cat had made a nest in the kennel so Jill is back on the bed.) Dang, you have to be very specific when you start visualizing what you want.


Did we tell you Tee-Tee (the Great White Killer) has been hard at work this spring? So far we have 1 lizard (minus the tail), 3 snakes, 1 mouse, and 1 baby bunny that Tee-Tee has brought to the back door to show us. She's so proud. And I'm actually proud of her as well. She's the only animal in this house that is carrying her weight. At least she has a job. Jack and Jill do nothing all day and expect two meals for sleeping. Tee-Tee's reward is me "allowing" her to sleep on my feet at night. I say "allow" because I hate it, but if I kick too hard then she goes flying off the bed and Abby gets ticked at me. Pick your battles. Pick your battles.


As long as I am being random, I have to tell you this great new tool we discovered this past week. I have 3 pair of jeans that I absolutely love. Love so much I wore holes through them. You know what? Did you know you can save those jeans? And I'm not talking about cutting them off and making them jean shorts.... but they are selling jean shorts (for dudes) this season at Urban Outfitters. S-C-A-R-Y! You can save those jeans by putting patches on them. And Mom Wass has this great new machine called a "sewing machine" (not sure if I spelled that right) that actually sews the patches onto the jeans. Amazing. Remember when you were a kid and your mom would try to save jeans and put patches on them and you would get all embarrassed? Now I'm the opposite. I can't wait to wear my newly patched jeans! (Thanks, Mom!)


Abby and I went to Sam's last Thursday to purchase some formula for the orphanages in Addis Ababa. We used the money from our t-shirt sales (thanks to everyone) and the money we made from our garage sale (thanks to the suckers that bought our stuff) and were able to purchase 22 cans of extra-large formula. In case you were wondering what that might look like, I have included a photo for your viewing pleasure:
Yes, Jill is sporting her "Too Short But It Will Grow Back" spring haircut while she inspects the formula
That will be enough randomness out of me. The cat is out of the kennel and both dogs are snoring on the bed. Still visualizing Jill in her bed.....
(And I do know that you are supposed to put a space between paragraphs to make it more appealing to the eyes. I know this. And I do this. But for some reason Blogger hates me. I swear, I'm switching to Wordpress. I'll do it. Just watch! If only I would have visualized double spacing for my blog.) Visualized it working...and Ta-Da!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger -- you make me laugh. Thanks for the pic of the formula! What a blessing it will be for those babies. :)
Sorry for the death of the BB. Mine oozes a jelly like substance from the right side of the screen @ times...must have gotten wet? Hope to see you all next Thursday.
and The Secret...gave the book away before I read it. Maybe I'll visualize my BB turning into an iphone.

Amy said...

This was a random post.. but it kept my attention all the way until the end, so that to me means it was a good random post. :)

I am also going to visualize my bb turning into an Iphone... I keep trying to persuade Josh that we need to make the switch to at&t... it seems that tmobile owns us for another 2 years though. But I am not ruling out a breaking of the contract. I am now going to visualize my BB breaking... so that it will make breaking the contract more necessary.

Ari