Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One of My Favorites

Want to see a really great adoption video?  That will probably make you cry??  I just had to post this (click here) because it is one of my all-time favorite "adoption" videos I've seen and it brings back really special memories of mine and Roger's time meeting Ari almost three months ago already.  The time has gone so fast and yet it feels longer than three months.  Everyone who has children says once they're here you can't really remember or even imagine life without them, and that is true.  Although I still remember the longing and heartache I had wanting to be a mommy so badly and wondering if it would ever happen.  I think I will always remember that no matter how many children we have someday.  Maybe that's a good thing; it reminds me to never, ever take them for granted.

Also, I just had to mention we welcomed home our very good friends Jason & Tamra Barnhouse this past Saturday night with their 10-month-old twins, Dax and Fiona, from Ethiopia!!!  I've decided one of my all-time new favorite activities is greeting adoptive parents as they walk into the airport with their new babies.  Such an incredible feeling.  God has blessed this couple beyond measure after enduring a very long and difficult adoption process.  And, Dax and Fiona were in the same orphanage as Ari!  In fact, their cribs were right next to each other, separated only by a window.  We are so, so happy our kids can continue to be friends.  It's really amazing to think they were all together halfway around the world and now they live only 10 minutes away!

3 comments:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

Amazing! I could watch these videos all day long.

Anonymous said...

you're right, I teared up. So many memories of meeting Diesel for the first time came up. I love these videos.
- katy

Janet said...

thanks for posting this! I love your blog, by the way!

Ari