Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tooth!!

Ari's first tooth is officially in!  Last night as I was feeding him baby food I thought I could see some pretty prominent whiteness and when I felt his gum there was a ridge there, but nothing sharp.  Well, this morning you can definitely feel a hard, sharp little tooth finally poking through!!  I think we'd be able to see it too except he won't let us pull his lip back far enough to see in there.  For the past two days Ari has been "off."  Fussy and clingy during the day, not taking his bottle very well, and not sleeping through the night. I'm so glad to know teething is the likely culprit.  I figured it was teeth, but then I thought maybe he was going through some attachment stuff after noticing how leach-like he had become.  He's just so happy-go-lucky usually that it was pretty obvious something was bothering him.  And after being home for only two months, I still wonder when he's out of sorts if it's attachment related.  No, I don't think that was the case in this instance.  He's just a normal 8-month-old getting his first tooth!  As soon as we can see it better we will post a picture of his first pearly white!

No comments:

Ari