Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back to life

Well, that was fun. I've never understood people when they say a vacation engergizes them and makes them excited to get back to work. I'm not dreading work tomorrow....but I am missing the perfect weather and pool. After traveling most of the day yesterday, and losing an hour of sleep last night, Abby and I were bad and slept in until 10:00 this morning. Everyone keeps telling us to enjoy our sleep while we can. Today we did the best we could.

The worst part of a vacation is coming home to a pile of mail, dirty clothes and a house that hasn't been lived in. It only took us a couple of hours to get back to normal after finishing the chores: Abby looking through catalogs and me watching a NASCAR race. Ah, the simple things in life. Speaking of simple, after being on vacation I have realized my horrible addiction to my BlackBerry (BB). It was great to replace the BB with a camera in my pocket for a week. When we landed in Dallas and I turned it back on it vibrated for 10+ minutes. 700+ emails. 700! Really? Most of them were junk, but still. 700?!?! Then at lunch today I got rather ticked when the table next to me had two sets of families and at one time I think everyone but the toddlers were on their phones. So, to simplify my life I am getting rid of the BB....at least on the weekends. From now on, if anyone needs to get in touch with me Friday night to Monday morning they will have to call my house phone (yes, we still have one) or call Abby's cell. It was so liberating to not have a phone with me for 7 days.....it's my one attempt to pay more attention to those around me and not rely on the Blankity-Blank-Blank-BB. *Edited since my mom occasionally reads this.

Since this blog is about our adoption, I thought I should mention a little something about what's going on. STILL WAITING. There's the update. Actually, before we left we had a Welcome Home party for Tarik (soooooo cute) where we got to meet even more great couples in the Springfield area that have adopted or are in the process of adopting. And some people we know just got home with their new child, another just got a referral, and another couple whose blog we follow just passed court. Congrats to you.....hopefully you know who you are! It's always exciting for me to see people going through the different processes. For some reason it's very comforting to know that this is actually going to work. I'm still trying to be optimisitic and pray/hope we have a little one home by Christmas 2009. In the meantime I love hearing about other people's Adventures.

Back to life. Back to reality.

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Don't forget that we have FG this Thursday. . .Mexican food in honor of our Cabo folks!!!

Ari