Monday, March 9, 2009

If You Bought One of Our T-Shirts......

......you have helped feed orphaned babies in Ethiopia. Last Friday night (February 27) Roger and I donated the money our t-shirts have raised (so far) to our adoption agency to be used to buy formula for the babies in orphanages our agency is in partnership with. Due to the global economic crisis, Ethiopia is experiencing a shortage of baby formula because the cost to have it imported into the country from other nearby countries has gone up. We have heard that right now the only way for the orphanages to get formula is by either A) having it shipped over from the United States (very expensive) or B) traveling families going over to be united with their children bringing it with them. I just wanted everyone to know what a vital difference you are making (possibly even in the life of mine and Roger's child) and how much it is appreciated. If you would like to purchase a 7,990 t-shirt, just leave a coment on this blog entry letting us know and we will get in touch with you.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I would like one!! Can you bring a small to the fellowship meeting this Thursday? THANKS!!! You guys have great big ole hearts!!!

Unknown said...

I have it on right now! :) What fun news for you to share with us. thanks!

Mary Beth said...

Hi, I'm interested in buying a couple shirts. Will you ship them? What colors/sizes are available? My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia; looks like we're on about the same timeline as you. Thanks!
www.caseypicker.com

Jamie Jo said...

Thanks for that update. I don't care where "my" t-shirt money went, but it is ALWAYS good to be reminded that the kids need formula!!! I need to bring an entire suitcase full of it when I travel! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I would like two shirts - both size large. I will put a check in the mail to cover the cost of the t-shirts and the postage.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. What do the shirts look like and how much are they? I am interested. Thanks. Adrienne in TX
aloper@us.ibm.com

Ari