Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Something New Every Day

Every day Ari masters something new.  It's really unbelievable how fast babies develop and grow.  There are times when I change Ari's diaper that I swear his legs have grown 2 inches since the day before!  I feel so blessed to have such a healthy, strong boy, but then I get sad because I know these "baby" days are numbered!  Here is what we learned yesterday (at 7 1/2 months) -- pulling up!  I think he was inspired by the Olympics playing in the background.



Ari has also started to go from a sitting position into a crawl, but then we flatten out on the belly.  I just know if he was still in the orphanage he would be crawling by now due to all the hands-and-knee rocking he was doing when we met him, but Mom and Dad's arms have I think caused a little bit of delay in the crawling department.  By default, of course.  But that's okay -- I think it's an okay trade-off.  We know the crawling (and probably cruising too) is just around the corner!

4 comments:

Kelly Zwald said...

I can't view the video :( Don't torture me like this!!

Our Family said...

Ari is just precious! I found your blog right before you left for Ethiopia and I have been hooked since then. He is adorable and I can tell that you and your husband are wonderful parents. We are waiting to bring home our little girl from Ethiopia (she is our fourth child, but first adoption). We are stuck right now and can't get a court date. Ari's little face gives me hope.

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

That is so cute!!! I love how you are cheering him on and he is cheering too:)

Josh & Sara said...

DO NOT for one second even think about how he might be crawling . . . you are supposed to hold and spoil him. Maybe you should just enjoy this relatively short period of immobility =)

Ari