Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grow, Eggs, Grow!!

Did my first injection of Follistim last night. This will help all 15 (or thereabout) follicles develop into mature eggs that will hopefully be capable of being fertilized next week. So now we're up to two injections a day, one in the morning (Lupron) and one at night (Follistim). It's going well, though, so I can't complain. In addition to the injections I'm taking the Dexamethasone every day with a prenatal vitamin AND a multitude of other vitamins: 1,000 mg Calcium+, 1,000 mg Vitamin C, and 1,500 mg DHA. I said something to my nurse last Friday about my daily headaches, and she said it was probably from the Dexamethasone and that it would be okay to take it only every other day. I verified this with Dr. A and he concurred it would be all right too, but I'd rather just play it safe and deal with headaches than have this cycle fail and wonder if it was because I didn't take the Dexamethasone every day. It wouldn't be prescribed for every day unless there was a very good reason; right?

2 comments:

SJP said...

Really enjoying the blog, you two! It's really making for short conversations between us. We'll be thinking about you and wishing for those eggs to grow. Plow ahead through those headaches, Ab, as sometimes the end justifies the means!! Sara

Tyler/Amy said...

Roger and Abby:

You Raise Me Up !

Tyler

Ari