Friday, August 8, 2008

So Far So Good

Our appointment went well today. It was super-fast. No better way to spend a Friday than driving six hours for a 15-minute appointment! Oh, well. As long as it's good news I'm fine with it. Dr. A says I have around 15 follicles. He also said my left ovary was more prolific than my right. Maybe it's because I'm left-handed! At any rate, that number is exactly where it should be for someone my age. He was also checking for ovarian cysts of which I have none. Also very good news. I had blood drawn to measure my E2 levels, but haven't heard back on that yet. I will assume it's normal for now until I hear otherwise. It was nice to meet our doctor again, though, as this is only the second time we've seen him face to face. Roger really likes him and is impressed with him so far. So am I, of course, but I'm so thrilled that Roger is happy with him.

I did have my first blunder this morning. In the midst of trying to leave for St. Louis on time (6:30 a.m.), I accidentally left my Lupron sitting on the bathroom counter after I did my injection rather than putting it back in the refrigerator like I'm supposed to. I called my nurse, Peggy, when we got home and she assured me that it is fine and will still be effective and I don't need to get a new vial FedEx'd overnight like I thought I would. Duh. Won't do that again.

P.S. I would like to give my husband HUGE props for being the absolute best husband a girl could ever ask for. I tell him this frequently, but I'm not sure he believes me sometimes. His support and patience has been absolutely limitless, and I don't know what I would do without his humor. He is going to make an incredible dad someday, but, of course, I knew that before I even married him. I am one very lucky girl.

1 comment:

Maw-maw & Pa said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful, safe trip! Glad you're back home and you are still so pleased with your doctor. Son, I must say I'm very proud of you for going with your sweet wife today. Thanks for the update. Love you both + whomever God blesses us with!!!!!

Ari