Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Beautiful Embryos!



These are our two perfect embryos we transferred today! This is the actual picture Dr. A gave us which Roger then took a picture of the picture to post on the blog for everyone to see. Dr. A said they both look exactly like a healthy 5-day blastocyst is supposed to look, could have been a picture right out of a textbook. We actually had three blastocysts that could have been transferred today, but Dr. A is so confident in the quality of these two embryos that he said there's no reason to put back three and risk having triplets and all the potential pregnancy complications that can come along with that. I tried to talk him into it, but to no avail. It makes me sad to think of that one little embryo frozen all by itself, but I'll get over it. At least we have one frozen embryo for future use. The procedure only lasted about 10 minutes start to finish -- really easy. No pain or bleeding at all. Unlike my two IUIs last summer. Then I laid perfectly still for 30 minutes and was released to go to our hotel where I'm now vegging out horizontally until about noon tomorrow. A lot of reading, sleeping, eating, and movie-watching.
I'm down to one injection a day now (Lovenox -- a blood thinner) along with our progesterone injection Roger gives me every three days. I also take a prenatal vitamin, a baby aspirin, Dexamethasone, and now will be adding vaginal suppositories (to help keep my uterine lining thick) twice a day. Yuck, I know.
I will find out next Thursday, Sept. 4, if we are pregnant. I will do a blood pregnancy test on Sept. 2 and then again on Sept. 4 and if the number has at least doubled between the 2nd and the 4th that will be our confirmation that we have succeeded! Until then we wait and pray.

3 comments:

kmuth said...

I will be praying for you and those beautiful embryo's. I try and read your blog every time I'm at work hoping that all the pregnancy vibes from there will give you guys luck!!

txpaige said...

Fantastic news! Aunt Carol said for me to tell you that we needed another set of twins in the family so we're crossing our fingers. I'm so THRILLED! we'll be watching to see the results on the 4th.

SJP said...

It's been a couple blogs since I posted, so I thought I offer some humor. Since you've eaten two pineapples, maybe you could affectionately refer to those very important embryos as "Spongebob" and "Patrick" . . . "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!!" Bad kindergarten humor, I know (Maybe Ty and Cody would like it). I'm thinking about you and praying for you all!

Ari