Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Awesomeness

After being in Texas for three days, I just got home from my 7-hour, 415 mile drive. Tonight is one of Abby's teletraining seminars for work, so when I got home, she was on the phone already. She told me my dinner was in the microwave. Ladies and gentlemen, let me show you what a microwave dinner looks like when you're still in the newlywed stage of being married for four years:

Yes, that is homemade fried/baked chicken, wild rice, and sweet corn. Awesomeness.

My plate five minutes later. Yes, I was starving, and, yes, I'm bored.

On another note, we are still taking dates for our Referral Pool. My date is Sunday, June 21. What do you say? Leave a date in the comment section.

And, finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to "BABY-TY." Holy cow, our oldest nephew is 9 years old. RUKIDDINGME? A kid born in 2000 is now 9 years old. RUKIDDINGME? Oh, yeah, Happy Birthday to Ty's mom (and my sister) Tammy. I'll keep her age classified. Happy Birthday, Tammy (June 16th) and Ty (June 17th). We hope to celebrate with you both very soon!

8 comments:

Abby/Roger said...

You are sooooo easy to keep happy. And you are so welcome.
And I have now corrected your punctuation for this post. Once a court reporter, always a court reporter.

Btw, my guess at our referral date is Monday, July 27th. I hope I don't jinx us by actually posting it on our blog!

Love, love, love you....

Adrienne said...

I'm gonna go with June 24th since that is the day we go to China. Second guess would be June 29th since that is the day we will (finally) get our girl.

Whatever date it is, it will be perfect!!! Can't wait to hear the good news.
Adrienne in TX

Anonymous said...

My guess is July 9th. It's been a lucky day for me!! I'm so excited for you guys.

Kelly Muth

Adopting1Soon said...

That's really nice. I need to get me a wife to cook me nice dinners like that! Except I'm not gay. Harumph. Sucks for me.

Jamie Jo said...

I was going to say Friday, June 19th and then I realized that is today! Where is summer going?!?!? I would love for you to get a referral today. . .I'll say Friday June 26. . . but I do hope for TODAY!!!

wilms said...

I'm going with July 29 for Abby's birthday and to get it before the drought season.

txpaige said...

I'll say July 15. Tony's birthday...(hopefully I'll be wrong and you'll get it much much sooner!)

So.....Texas huh? Thanks for calling. ;)

Laura said...

Dude, Abby, stop making those of us who can't even boil water look bad! :) Gotta keep my husband off your blog...I don't want him to get the wrong idea and think there are actually women out there who don't break out in a cold sweat when turning on the oven or something.

My guess is July 17th. That's the day our dossier arrived in ET, which happen to be a lucky day, because a day sooner or a day later and we wouldn't have had Molley, but another baby, and I love our Molley! :) So, July 17th is my guess.

I'm really, really excited for you guys (the upcomng referral, not all of this fancy cooking crap).

Ari