Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Club Parenthood: We Are Next in Line!

Probably not a big deal to anyone but us, but I just had to share some happy news. Roger and I found out today that we are now #1 on our agency's waiting list!! The couple in front of us received a referral today for a baby boy, so this makes us next to receive an infant referral. We are beyond thrilled for our friends; my heart is truly bursting with joy for them. The road to parenthood has been a long one for them, and today is a huge milestone in their journey.

This analogy is going to sound silly (and it is), but bear with me. For the past three years I feel like parenthood has been this super-elite club that Roger and I have just NOT been able to get into. You know, the place all your friends are talking about and where everyone wants to be. It's the talk of the town. There's a red rope outside with two guys in suits and ear pieces only letting certain people in at a certain time. There have been times where it has felt like all of our friends have a VIP ticket and they just keep passing us by, getting right into this amazing, life-changing club called Parenthood as we continue to wait our turn outside on the sidewalk. Well, I feel like we are now finally at the front of the line. We are so close we can see inside the door and see and hear all the excitement that we're about to be a part of. Granted, we may be standing outside this door for another three months, but we are just so darn close! And that is enough to make our day for today.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

SO SO SO excited for you all! <3

Meredith said...

Yea for that #1 spot! I hope you spend almost no time there at all before you get matched with your baby (girl). :) Does this mean good news for Jason and Tamra??! If so, double yea!!

The Michel family said...

Yea!!!! I have been praying for you guys (and Tamra and Jason) for a long time. I hope your wait is super short now!! I know what you mean about the parenthood circle, it does feel like an exculsive group when you are on the other side. Isaac is ready for a little playmate so I hope you move up the list fast!

Laura Michel

Laura said...

YAY!!!!! I am so happy for hear this news...not quite as happy as I'll be when you post about your referral, but really, really happy! Fingers crossed the wait isn't much longer...You are SO close.

P.S. Someone is messing with me. The word verification here is "realman" Fine, I mean, I know I'm larger than a dude (or at least my hubby, who isn't really the size of a real dude, but still), but now I've gotta type in "realman?" It just hurts.

Still REALLY happy for you guys, even if the word verification is totally insulting me. :)

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

OMG, I am soooo happy for you! I can't wait for you guys to get your referral!!!

Adrienne said...

WOO HOO!!! Yeah for YOU!!! This is awesome news. Way to be #1 in line. Won't be long!!

I know you've heard this a million times, but it will be totally be worth it!! You guys will be awesome parents.

I was wearing your fab shirt yesterday. Must have been good karma!

We're off to China June 24th.

http://ourjacquelinemei.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

We are so excited for you and so glad we are going through this journey with friends like you. You nailed it on the head with your analogy of the red carpet. I was never able to put it into words like you just did. Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement too. Jason and I are praying hard for you guys. We keep telling God that we have to travel together:)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how excited you are! Does it even seem real?? My prayer for a quick referral . . .

Sara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled to hear your news and so happy for you and Roger!

Sarah B (one of the very impressed table buddies at Mere's shower)

Ari