Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

After being a wimp for three days, I finally went to Urgent Care. How can they call it Urgent Care when it always takes 3+ hours before you're seen? Anyway, thanks to modern technology (electric cautery), a trained professional burned a much larger hole in the nail than the one Abby created and was able to fully drain the blood. So much blood that it's still bleeding to this day. Even the nurse was impressed. Here's the cautery tool they used.

Here's a photo of the nail before the procedure. I'm sitting on the "after" photos for the time being. I don't want to run everyone off. (Notice the tiny BLACK dot towards the bottom center of the nail? That's where Nurse Abby did her drilling work.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now for the "Beauty" part of the post. Figured I owed it to you after making you look at the disgusting toe above. My dog Jill absolutely loves her food. She'll do anything for food..... except beg. Abby and I sit at the kitchen counter/bar 99.9% of the time when we eat. The dog dishes are just to the left of the counter. So when we sit down at the bar to eat, Jill goes to her dish and "begs". She doesn't make a sound. Just sits there looking at us, waiting for us to drop something in her dish.How cute is that? Of course we usually end up putting something in her bowl. That might explain the extra poundage she carries around. But, come on, isn't she adorable? And no, that is not an electric cord running to her bowl to keep her food warm. She's spoiled, but not that bad.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Roger and Abby,
Thanks for the sweet comment! I think the shirt definitely had something to do with it. I think about y'all a lot, and will be praying that you get some good news very soon! Maybe we can get our babies together some day!

Mary Beth
www.caseypicker.com

Anonymous said...

Abby, Nice to meet you today at Meredith's shower! I came home and found your blog from Matt & Meredith's links on their page. I'll be stopping in from time to time to see the progress on the news of your baby! -Cara (caragreninger@yahoo.com)

Adopting1Soon said...

Yes, she's definitely adorable!!! And looks like she already has "her place" to go to per "Dogs and Storks" class I took yesterday, that is one training thing to have down pat before baby arrives. I posted some others on my blog today if you are interested. I have 3 large dogs and bringing home Charlie ext week... so needed to get things in order in that regard.

Chatter said...

Glad to hear the "big piggy" is finally on it's road to recovery.

Ari