Thursday, June 25, 2009

More for me than you

Let Go & Let God
As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.
But instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can You be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."

I had this poem in my dorm room in college. Today I ran across it, after some serious looking, in a box in my office. As Abby and I continue to patiently wait for our referral, it's good to know that we really don't have any control over it. And we are still in the easy part.

Two more thoughts. More for me than you....
"There is God's way and your way. And your way doesn't matter."
"Man plans and God laughs."

3 comments:

Abby/Roger said...

Hang in there, Babe. It will happen.

Gretchen said...

I appreciate the crossed out "patiently." These are the times, my friend, these are the times.

elisa said...

I needed that poem too!

Ari