Tuesday, January 26, 2010

@ the Mall

Today I decided to venture out with the babe to the mall. The weather is supposed to turn super crappy in a couple days, so I thought I should get out when I have the chance. It was very therapeutic, walking around aimlessly pushing a stroller. I had a "moment" when I walked into Macy's from the parking lot...pushing a stroller.....with my baby in it. I was so happy I thought my heart might burst right out of my chest. Not because I was at the mall per se, but because I was doing something I'd dreamed of for so long. It's the little things, you know?? I could actually shop in the baby sections without feeling like a fraud....because I for once actually had a baby with me. Ari seemed to like our little shopping venture. He was awake for about an hour, visited with some nice old men while he had a bottle, and then slept for about an hour and 20 minutes. I had a pretzel and Dr. Pepper and watched him sleep.

And, on to bigger and more important news, Ari started "talking" today. He's been vocal ever since we met him, but today he started saying "ba-ba-ba" and "da-da-da." Sometimes he'll just break out with it on his own and other times he will repeat after us if we start saying it first. He also rode in his car seat without pitching a fit today. So nice. There's been a few car rides with a lot of back arching and yelling, but today he was very polite and we had a peaceful car ride to and from the mall. And to end on a good note, it is currently 10:33 p.m. and Ari has been asleep for two hours and fifteen minutes. He woke up once at 9:45, cried for four minutes, and went back to sleep without us having to go in his room. That is a first, my friends. Wish us luck for the rest of the night.

5 comments:

The Michel family said...

Isaac hated the car seat and would scream very loudly to let us know he wasn't happy. Sounds like a fun afternoon!!

Laura

Lindsay said...

Abby, this is such a sweet post, and I honestly can't even get over how precious he is.....6 months is such a fun age, learning and learning so much. Good luck with the sleeping!!! Would love to stop by and see that big baby boy...and you guys too :)

Anonymous said...

He is soo cute! We are so happy for you all! He is one VERY lucky little boy...and I'm sure you and Roger feel pretty lucky too!

Mandy (Powers)

Josh & Sara said...

This is not blog related at all . . . but I'm so excited Roger is becoming a coffee drinker!!!! Yeah!!!! Anyway, can't wait to stroll through a mall with you soon!

Sara

B said...

i have a really cute picture or two of ari. email me at bluemcniel@gmail.com and i can send it to you. happy to see him so happy. god bless!

- blue mcniel

Ari