Friday, January 1, 2010

Photo Friday -- Happy New Year!!

Wow! 2010 is really here. I know it's going to be a year we will never, ever forget as we FINALLY, after four years, reach Destination Parenthood and start a completely new journey with our son. And we leave for Ethiopia in less than a week! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. This week has been progressing at a relatively tolerable pace, thankfully (the holidays definitely help). We've been keeping busy with time spent with friends, housecleaning, last-minute travel shopping, and more housecleaning and organizing. Funny how major life changes have a way of ensuring a clean house!! We have suitcases laid out all over -- five to be exact which is one more than we planned on taking, but that's only due to all the wonderful orphanage donations, so it's fine by us. We have a confirmed hotel reservation at a hotel that has a supposedly decent Internet connection, so be sure to check in on our blog for the next two weeks to see updates (and pictures!) of our first days with Ari in Ethiopia. ;) And, last but not least, I will leave you with a picture of our boy doing baby push-ups!! Isn't he just so handsome and strong? Seriously, someone pinch me......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome in that picture!! Did you puree' meat and potatoes . . . looks to me like that's what he's going to be eating. 2010 will be quite the year for you and Ari . . . can you believe it's here!

Lots of love from Omaha! SP

Gina said...

Hi! My name is Gina Lister and I believe that my son is also in the baby room with Ari. His name is Yosef. I just got in touch with Kate and Ben Johnson tonight. Their little girl is buddies with Yosef. I hope to get a court date soon. We need to get in touch so that we can reconnect in the summer. I am from Rolla MO, but live in Charlotte NC. Small world! Good luck on your trip!
Blessings,
Gina Lister

Lyra Johnson said...

I would not say a "decent" internet connection. But you will have slow wifi some of the time if you are in the right part of the hotel...they did have a business center where the internet was more reliable, but still slow.

Ben

Missy and Brad said...

What a doll! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see all three of you together!
Best,
Missy, Brad and Zeke

farmgirlamber said...

Can you believe you get to meet ARI in only 4 Days?!? The big day is finally here! I'm SO happy for you guys. While you're headed to Ethiopia, I'll be headed to CO skiing. Will be celebrate with a few cold ones in your honor at the top of the mountain! :) Safe travels!!
Amber

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

Congrats on your upcoming travel! Can't wait to see pics when you get back. Our court date is tomorrow so we're still holding our breath here.

Ari