Monday, January 4, 2010

One Last Date Night (kind of)

I say "kind of" because of course Roger and I will have more date nights. Just not in the near future. And we know life does not end when you bring a baby home -- it just changes. Obviously. Life as we know it, however, does end, and that's why everything feels like the last right now. I will probably never see things -- the simple and the complicated -- the same way I do now and have pre-motherhood.

So tonight Roger and I went on a date to a nice restaurant (thanks, Cheri!) -- somewhere we won't go with Ari -- and then wandered around Barnes & Noble afterwards for an extended amount of time just because we can to find some travel time reading material. Well, I did anyway. Roger kept coming back to find me, wondering what the heck was taking so long. I was just trying to savor the quiet, uninterrupted evening. It was wonderful and strange all at the same time. Once again, STILL difficult to believe this is happening this week.

2 comments:

Josh & Sara said...

very, very surreal post. Love tons! Sara

The Michel family said...

We are praying for your safe travels. Can't wait to meet little Ari!!

Love,
The Michel's

Ari