Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Painting: Part I

Last week my wonderful, wonderful mom came over to help me start painting the nursery. Yes, I can paint, but my mom is on a whole 'nother level. That's why I have her do the trim work. She is amazing. Super picky, but you know what? That means she does a fantastic job. No paint on the ceiling or baseboards. And now tomorrow night she's coming back over to help me hang a curtain/valance thingy in the window. And probably point out more spots that need more paint. What would we do without our moms? Seriously. Thank you, Mom, so much for all that you do for me. I will never be able to put into words how much I appreciate all your support and help. So, anyway, she came and trimmed in the whole nursery for me last Monday while I was at a depo and then Monday night and Tuesday morning I did the rolling -- and had three blisters to show for my hard work. Wednesday night Roger took over as quality control and surveyed my excellent work -- and put little red stickies over all the spots that needed a little more coverage, which were kind of a lot since I only did one coat of paint. It was a great help because I was starting to go blind staring into a tan wall looking for white spots. The room is a little boring right now because it's painted a neutral color, but Roger and I are going to jazz it up a bit this weekend.

(My mom working her paint magic)





1 comment:

Meredith said...

You're a much more patient wife than I am. I think I would have had some choice words for Matt if he came in and started putting little red flags all over my hard work! :) Can't wait to see exactly what "jazz it up" means! Oh, and apparently Matt and Roger decided that you and I would work out the travel arrangements for Thursday, so I'll e-mail you tomorrow.

Ari