Tuesday, February 3, 2009

5 months...

So today I take Abby to lunch at the "Springfield Famous" Pizza House. As we are sitting there taking in 10,000 milligrams of sodium, we start talking about all-things-adoption. This past Friday we had the pleasure of going out with The Today Show Morning Crew (Matt & Meredith) and talking about nothing but adoption for 4+ hours. It's really great to have another couple that is going through the exact same stuff that we are going through. Luckily they are months ahead of us, so we can learn from their travel, etc. As we are discussing adoption stuff with M&M, they start telling us about all these great blogs they have been reading. (If you look to the left, you'll see we've added some amazing new blogs.) I highly suggest this one!

That was Friday night. Sunday was the Super Bowl and another 10,000 milligrams of sodium with no less than 7 dips at the Casa de Buzbee Super Bowl Bash. Yesterday my awesome mother-in-law (aka Erin, aka "Grammie") came over to do the trim part of painting the nursery. My wife couldn't wait to finish painting the room, so while I was at my grandpa's last night watching WWE, she took it upon herself to paint the entire room (she finished this morning). Yet another room in my house I didn't have to paint. AWESOME!

OK, enough back story. The "5 Month" title for this blog.....
It's 5 months ago tomorrow that we got our negative results on the IVF. Seriously, 5 months ago? How is that possible? But what's amazing is that one negative led us into the most positive thing....adoption from Ethiopia. It was a long and winding road to get to September 4th, 2008 -- but all of that journey just makes where we are today that much better.

Abby and I both said over lunch that we are happier now than we could have possibily imagined. Had the IVF experiment worked, there is no telling where we would be today.
But because it didn't work, our life is now filled with so much joy: the countless people we have met through THE BRANSON GROUP, reading hours and hours of blogs, watching countless videos online of couples meeting their children for the first time, a group of friends that grows daily, and the amazing hope that someday soon we'll get the call/email introducing us to our child.

As Pops says, "There is your way, and there is God's way. And your way doesn't matter." Five months later it feels so right to be going God's way. We are definitely on the right path. Stay tuned...

{As I was typing this post, my wife's cousin sent this video to us (thanks, Ashley). Good Grief. I don't know what scares me more: the idea that someday I could have a daughter doing this or the fact that I can't wait to have a dance-off with my child.}

3 comments:

Amy said...

I know this post is full of lots of good stuff that I should be commenting on...

But, oh my word... that video! I can't decide if it is ok that I think it is cute. Should I think that is cute? I do. I can't help it.

Meredith said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That video is hi-larious! Although I'm with Amy - I'm not totally sure it's an appropriate dance for a toddler. :)

Anonymous said...

Griffen does that dance whenever he hears the song, so you don't have to necessarily have a daughter to worry about your child doing the dance. I don't know whether to laugh at him or worry. He's such a goofy kid, but I love it!!

Ari