Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Painting: Part II

Yes! We are done painting! Don't get me wrong; it was fun and all, but now it's even more fun to walk into the nursery and daydream. It was a very sweet Valentine's Day this year because all day long we painted. And didn't get into one single fight. Now, that is true love. Our "accent" wall definitely turned out for the best with both of us working on it, with our respective talents and strengths. I couldn't manage to put the tape in the right place without Roger constantly reminding me and he couldn't -- well, anyway, I love him dearly so I won't bother to point out his shortcomings. It was definitely a process but so much fun to work on together. Okay, anyway, on to the pictures! The nursery is not fully complete, so I will just post pictures of the square wall and the bedding (by popular demand).

What we started with

The squares look crooked in the below picture, but I swear they are perfectly straight. I think it's just a bad camera angle.

7 comments:

TJ, Kaylan, Miles, Perry & Simon said...

I LOVE your block wall! It turned out awesome!!!

ellerbee eight said...

I love, love, love it! What a great idea! Jeff and I did stripes in our first nursery... I was dizzy crazy from looking at the lines, but it turned out so great! I'm sure your waiting little one whoever and wherever they may be will love it! Hey, I still need some T shirts. I will gather an order together. My sister wants some too. See ya!

Unknown said...

will you come paint my kids room? :)
This is darling!

Tyler/Amy said...

Your spacing of the blocks is off.

Anonymous said...

If you could only hear the cheerleader in me right now . . . L-O-V-E I-T!!!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

It’s gorgeous. Would you mind if I include it in the gallery on my website?
I would love for my readers to see it.
Please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Laura said...

LOVE IT! Wow! So, are you guys busy next month? I have a big wall in the loft that's looking rather boring...

You did a great job!

Ari